DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Fourth of July Paper Plate Wreath
This is good scissor skills practice for kindergarten children. Don't worry if the shapes aren't cut out perfectly.
- something to color with,
- a paper plate
- Optional: red paint and paint brush
- Cut the center out of the paper plate to leave a round "donut" shape. This will form the base of the wreath. (This may require adult
- OPTIONAL: Paint the donut shape red. Then you don't have to worry about covering the plate completely if you prefer not to.
- Print out the template pieces - you may wish to print 2 or 3 copies of the template depending on how full you want your wreath to be -- we used two
templates for the one in the photo.
- Color the template pieces (if using the B&W version) -- or you can print the B&W version on colored paper
- Cut out the template pieces. This will take quite awhile -- you can provide assistance if you like (depending on the patience of your
- Glue your paper shapes to completely cover your paper plate "donut"
- You can tie a bow from ribbon and paste it on to decorate further.
- You can put a piece of yarn on the back to hang it.
- You can do these as a group with younger children -- let each child cut out and color one or two template pieces possibly print their
initials on it, and glue it on the group wreath.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions