DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Spring Bunny Paper Craft
This is a simple cut and paste bunny craft that make a nice spring decoration for the refrigerator or bulletin board. It's also a great craft to do for a weather or an "April Showers Bring May Flowers" thematic unit.
There are three bunny faces to choose from -- my daughter Kaitlyn's favorite is Funny Bunny. The one pictured to the right is Happy Bunny.
- something to color with if using the B&W version,
- Optional: You can use brass tacks ("brads") instead of glue to attach the arms and head if you want them to be moveable.
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the bunny together in the following order (refer to the small 'finished craft' image on the template for further guidance):
- Glue the big foot onto the back of the
body, so the straight edge of the foot lines up quite evenly with the edge of the
- Glue the small foot onto the back of the body/big foot, so
the curved edge of the foot lines up quite evenly with the edge
of the body.
- Glue the arms on, positioning as you prefer. If you glue the arm
on the curved side of the dress BEHIND and the arm on the straight side
of the dress ON TOP it gives the bunny
a 3D look
- Glue the head on top of the body
- Glue the hat on the head
- Glue the bow on top of one of the ears for a girl bunny or underneath of the chin for a boy bunny.
- Glue the raindrop to the center of the body
- Glue the umbrella into one of the hands
- Glue the big foot onto the back of the body, so the straight edge of the foot lines up quite evenly with the edge of the body.
- See picture on the template for further help.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Children can pick one of three faces to go with the body:
Funny Bunny Head
Happy Bunny Head