DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Babe the Blue Ox Toilet
Paper Roll Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
Babe, the blue ox, is a simple, three dimensional craft that young children
enjoy making and playing with. It uses a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a three dimensional effect and goes well with the Paul Bunyan
toilet paper roll craft.
- toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- a printer,
- something to color with,
- glue, and
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube.
Toilet paper rolls come in different sizes, so if you find the rectangle
is a bit too big, just trim it down. If you find it's a bit too
small, just cut out another small piece to fill in the gap.
- Glue on the ox's head,
- Fold the tail in half and glue so it's colored on each side.
- Glue the four legs to the sides of the toilet paper roll.
- We put him together as if he was sitting on his haunches --
they don't do this of course, but this is the simplest way for young
children to construct the craft. It also gives the animal
a "cartoon" feel which the kids seem to like.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions