Babe, the blue ox, is a simple, three dimensional craft that young children enjoy making and playing with. It uses a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a three dimensional effect and goes well with the Paul Bunyan toilet paper roll craft.
- toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- a printer,
- something to color with,
- glue, and
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube. Toilet paper rolls come in different sizes, so if you find the rectangle is a bit too big, just trim it down. If you find it's a bit too small, just cut out another small piece to fill in the gap.
- Glue on the ox's head,
- Fold the tail in half and glue so it's colored on each side.
- Glue the four legs to the sides of the toilet paper roll.
- We put him together as if he was sitting on his haunches -- they don't do this of course, but this is the simplest way for young children to construct the craft. It also gives the animal a "cartoon" feel which the kids seem to like.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).