DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Easter Bunny Milk Carton Container
This makes a wonderful container to hold easter
treats. You can fill the whole thing with treats or stuff the bottom
with shredded paper and add a few chocolate easter eggs on top
3 year old easily put it together, though I had to cut the carton and some
of the smaller pieces. The handle is a good thing for beginning
scissor users to try cutting out.
- an empty 2 L milk carton,
- a printer,
- glue or tape,
- 3 sheets of white construction paper or typing paper
- Optional: 1 cotton ball (tail)
- Optional: wiggly eyes (optional)
- Print and cut out the template of choice.
- Color and cut out the template pieces.
- Cut the top off a milk carton and discard the top (or save it for a
different craft). You can cut off as much of the top as you like...
it depends on how tall you want your container to be.
- Cover your milk carton with the white paper (it takes about 2
- Glue on the template pieces (you can just cut out the nose from the
template and then use a black marker or pencil to replicate the way
I've done the mouth. Or just cut a big square around the
template mouth and glue the whole square on).
- You can also substitute wiggly eyes for the template eyes.
- Cut out the rectangular template piece
and glue to the sides of the container to use as a handle. You can
glue it to a piece of thin cardboard or construction paper to make it
a bit more sturdy, if you like.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions