DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Chick Egg Carton Craft
Two egg carton cups, some paint and a few scraps of construction paper are all you need to make this cute little yellow chick craft.
I find the hardest part of the craft is attaching the top and bottom
together... This may require some adult assitance.
- 2 egg carton cups
- yellow tempra paint or acrylic paint
- orange and yellow construction paper scraps
- Optional: two small wiggly eyes.
- Cut two cups from an egg carton and trim to smooth out the tops
paint the cups yellow on the outside... You can paint
the inside too or leave it unpainted -- then let dry
- tape the two cups together, using one piece of tape on
the inside of the cups to make a "ball shape" from the egg
cartons that opens and shuts -- I find this to be the
toughest step. It may require adult supervision.
cut out a couple of triangle shapes and tape them to the
openings to make a beak
- use wiggly eyes or a black marker to add eyes.
- Add yellow construction paper wings and orange construction paper feet (glue them on)
you can put a little treasure inside the chick
(jellybeans or chocolate eggs work well).