This is a cute three dimensional chameleon craft that is fun for young children to make and to play with.
This TP roll chameleon craft is a great accompaniment to the children’s
The Mixed-Up Chameleon
by Eric Carle.
- toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- something to color with,
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube. Toilet paper rolls come in different sizes, so if you find the rectangle is a bit too big, just trim it down. If you find it's a bit too small, just cut out another small piece to fill in the gap.
- Glue on the head and arms.
- Fold the tail in half so it's colored on each side. Fold the tab and glue to the back of the toilet paper roll to give a 3 dimensional effect.
- Fold the feet tabs and glue to the inside, bottom of the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the paintbrush into one of the hands. (chameleons change colors to blend into their surroundings... They don't use a paintbrush *grin* but I thought it got the point across)
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).