DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Chick Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is an easy cut and paste craft that utilizes a toilet
paper roll to give it a three dimensional effect. You can use a
piece of a paper towel roll instead, if you prefer.
I originally made this craft for Easter, but you could
make it for a farm theme, shapes theme, yellow theme, birds theme or
A different looking chick tp roll craft can be found here.
a toilet paper roll,
- paper for the printer,
crayons (or something else
to colour with).
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Colour (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the rectangle onto the tp roll. Then
glue on the face pieces, wings and feet.
Alternative Decorating Ideas:
- Use sparkles, sparkle glue, or felt to
- Replace paper eyes with wiggly eyes.
- Glue feathers onto the wings and/or glue on a
feather tail (you can pluck old feather dusters as a cheap source of feathers).
- Print the black and white template on yellow
construction paper. Print a second copy on white paper and mix & match the
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions