DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Circle Beaver Craft -
Shapes, Scissor Skills, Colors, and Counting Practice
This craft can be used to teach a variety of skills. You don't
have to use all the thoughts for lessons... just choose the ones you're
working on with your child.
Materials you'll need: scissors, glue,
Thoughts for Lessons:
- This craft has lots of nice large circles to cut out -- good scissor
- You can precut the template into separate pieces (roughly) to make
it a bit easier for beginning crafters to cut out the circles.
- have the children make a pile of all the circles and a separate pile
of all the squares.
- verbally instruct the children on how to assemble the shapes using
the colors of the shapes. (ie: Take the black circle and glue it
on the white circle.).
- show the children two circles and ask -- is this one bigger, smaller
or the same size as that one.
- Count the circles, count the squares
Glue the two largest
brown circles, slightly overlapping, on top of each other (sort of like a figure 8).
- Glue the small, light
brown circles (ear centers) onto the small, dark brown circles. Glue the ears onto
the top of the head.
Glue the two square
teeth just towards the bottom of the bottom circle.
Glue the two next
largest brown circles, on top of the first two to make a muzzle. (This time, sort of
like a tipped over figure 8).
Glue the two eyes and
the small black circle (nose) onto the head.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
(print two copies) (color)
Print friendly version of these instructions