DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Cow Toilet Paper Roll Craft
I've had a lot of requests for farm animal crafts. This cute cow is made with a toilet paper roll (he's one of the few cows I'd allow in the house).
A different looking cow toilet paper roll craft can be found here.
- toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- a printer,
- something to color with,
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube. Toilet paper rolls come in different sizes, so if you find the
rectangle is a bit too big, just trim it down. If you find it's a bit too small,
just cut out another small piece to fill in the gap.
- Glue on the head, tail, legs and bell.
- We put her together as if she was sitting on her haunches -- they don't
do this of course, but this is the simplest way for young children to
construct the craft. It also gives the animal a
"cartoon" feel which the kids seem to like.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
- We put her together as if she was sitting on her haunches -- they don't do this of course, but this is the simplest way for young children to construct the craft. It also gives the animal a "cartoon" feel which the kids seem to like.