DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Paper Plate Crab Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a simple paper plate craft that's suitable for young children
My daughter usually loves painting paper plates, but this time she
decided to use a children's marker and spray it with a spritz bottle so
the color ran a little bit.
If you don't have a paper plate, trace a regular plate on a piece of
cardboard (old cereal box) or use a margarine container lid.
- paper plate or alternate (we used snack size in this picture, but
dinner size would work too).
- Pipecleaners or two twist tie's twisted together - 9 of these.
If using snack size, cut pipecleaners in half
- 1 inch(ish) pieces of drinking straw
- hole punch
- markers or paint
- punch 8 holes around the edge of the plate.
- thread pipecleaners/twistties through these holes and twist to
- Put three pieces of straw on each of the pipecleaners.
(represents real leg segments).
- bend legs to shape/make look like he's walking
- Punch two more holes, close together in the "front" and put
1 pipecleaner through with ends sticking up. Twist to secure and add beads to the
end to decorate (if desired).
- Color or paint
Print friendly version of these instructions