DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Dog Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
You can make this cute, three dimensional dog craft for a variety of
themes (pets, animals, the letter D, farm) or just for fun! There
are many songs you can sing along with the craft, including:
- toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- a printer,
- something to color with,
- a piece of paper.
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube. Toilet paper rolls come in different sizes, so if you find the
rectangle is a bit too big, just trim it down. If you find it's a bit too small,
just cut out another small piece to fill in the gap.
- Glue on the head, legs and tail (using the tab to make a 3D effect).
- We typically make the crafts as if they're sitting up on their haunches as it's easier to construct them and my children are young.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions