DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Chick Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
I originally made this easy chick paper craft for Easter, but you could
make it for a farm theme, shapes theme, yellow theme, birds theme or
spring theme. Regardless of the theme, the project will
give your little ones practice with shapes (circles and triangles).
Before doing the craft, have them divide the shapes into the circles and
the triangles. If they are comfortable with this, take it a step
further and have them sort the pieces from largest to smallest.
- a printer,
- paper for the printer,
- crayons (or something else
to color with).
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color (where appropriate) and
cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the smaller circle (head)
onto the larger circle (body).
- Glue the face pieces (circle
eyes and triangle beak) onto the head.
- Glue the triangle wings onto
- Use feathers, sparkles, sparkle
glue, or felt to decorate your chick. You could also used wadded
up pieces of tissue paper to decorate the wings and/or body.
- Print the black and white template
on yellow construction paper. Print a second copy on white paper
and mix & match the pieces.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions