DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Egg Carton Easter Bunny Container
This is a simple craft -- basically just an Easter Bunny head stapled
to the front of an egg carton. But add a few jelly beans into the
cups and it's a masterpiece in any child's eyes!
- Egg carton bottom
- Easter grass
- cotton ball
- Optional: 3 pom poms
- Optional: wiggly eyes
- Optional: pipe cleaner
- Draw an easter bunny head onto a piece of paper. Of course, I've
provided a template for you. What we did was copy the template onto an
ice cream container lid and then let the kids trace around onto construction
paper to make their own heads -- good fine motor skill practice, plus they
got heads in whatever colors they wanted.
- Cut out the head shape. It's simple enough that most preschoolers
will be able to cut it out themselves.
- glue wiggly eyes and pom pom nose/muzzle onto the head. Cut out two
small white paper teeth and glue those on as well. The template
includes paper versions of all of these if you don't have the craft
materials on hand.
- Pull apart a cotton ball and glue it as the center of the ears.
- Staple the head onto the front of the egg carton. It tilts forward a
wee bit, but that's ok
- Poke small holes on either side of the egg carton in about the
center. Thread the pipecleaner through and around these holes,
twisting to secure, to make a handle.
- Fill the cups with easter grass.
- Add a few yummy jelly beans
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).