DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Giraffe Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a cute three dimensional giraffe craft that is fun for young children to make and to play with.
- toilet paper roll,
- a printer,
- something to colour with,
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Colour (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube. Toilet paper rolls come in different sizes, so if you find the
rectangle is a bit too big, just trim it down. If you find it's a bit too small, just cut out another small piece to fill in the gap.
- Glue on the head, legs and tail
- We typically make the crafts as if they're sitting up on their haunches as it's easier to construct them and my children are young.
However, you can make them so they stand on all 4's (use a straw, cardboard, toothpick or stir stick glued to the back of the legs for extra support).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions