DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Handprint Dove Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
Yet another craft that uses handprints (I love 'em!!). You can
really make any animal with wings this way, but it's always nice to have
a printable template on hand for the rest of the critter.
Check out the Handprint
Poems on the site if you would like to include one with the craft.
- paper (for handprints) - white paper works well
- pencil or marker
- printer and paper
- something to color with
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the template pieces (if using the B&W version).
- Cut out the template pieces (young children may need help with this step).
- Trace the child's hands on another piece of paper and cut out (two handprints) -- black construction paper works well
(or you can color a piece of white paper).
- Glue the dove together:
- Glue the head (circle) to the body (upside down teardrop shape)
- Glue the face onto the head
- Glue the tuft of feathers to the top of the head.
- Glue the tail to the back of the body
- Glue the feet onto the bottom of the body
- Glue the handprint wings on the back of the body
- Glue the flower on a wing or beside the neck
- Optional: Print a Handprint Poem on the back
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions