Yet another craft that uses handprints (I love 'em!!). You can really make any animal with wings this way, but it's always nice to have a printable template on hand for the rest of the critter.
Check out the Handprint Poems on the site if you would like to include one with the craft.
- paper (for handprints) - white paper works well
- pencil or marker
- printer and paper
- something to color with
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color the template pieces (if using the B&W version).
- Cut out the template pieces (young children may need help with this step).
- Trace the child's hands on another piece of paper and cut out (two handprints) -- black construction paper works well (or you can color a piece of white paper).
- Glue the dove together:
- Glue the head (circle) to the body (upside down teardrop shape)
- Glue the face onto the head
- Glue the tuft of feathers to the top of the head.
- Glue the tail to the back of the body
- Glue the feet onto the bottom of the body
- Glue the handprint wings on the back of the body
- Glue the flower on a wing or beside the neck
- Optional: Print a Handprint Poem on the back
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).