DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Hippo Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a simple three dimensional hippopotamus craft that is
fun for kids to make and play with. I thought scuba gear would be
cute for a hippo to hold -- they spend a lot of time submerged in lakes
with only their noses poking above the water.
A different looking hippo tp roll craft can be found here.
- toilet paper roll
- something to colour with,
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Colour (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube. Toilet paper rolls come in different sizes, so if you find the
rectangle is a bit too big, just trim it down. If you find it's a bit too small,
just cut out another small piece to fill in the gap.
- Glue on the head, arms and chest.
- Fold the feet tabs and glue to the inside, bottom of the tp roll.
- Glue the scuba gear into one of the hands
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions