DLTK's Crafts for Kids
"Hoppy" Valentine's Day Kangaroo Craft
What better way to say "I love you mom" than with the creation of this Mommy and Joey Valentine's Duo!
A different looking kangaroo toilet paper roll craft can be found here.
- toilet paper roll or cardboard tube,
- something to color with,
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube.
- Glue the mommy's head to the top of the tube.
- Glue on the pouch and then glue the Joey's head over top so it looks as
though he's peeking out of the pouch.
- Glue on the heart onto the middle of the pouch.
- Glue the legs onto either side of the body.
- Fold the tail in half so it's colored on both sides, then use the
tab to glue it to the back of the body, giving it a three dimensional effect.
Alternative Decorating Ideas:
- Use sparkles, sparkle glue, or felt to decorate the heart.
- Use the template for the black and white printer on white paper and color in the
pieces with crayon, marker, paint, etc.
- Use the template for the black and white printer on brown coloured construction paper. Print a second template on white paper and mix & match the pieces
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).