DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Thanks so much to Sarah (age 6) for sharing her very own craft project with us!
Messenger Bird Paper Craft
Sarah's mom Michelle wrote "My daughter made up this craft herself. I made up the templates from her original model. Sarah, Sarah’s sister, Rachel, and I have lots of fun sending the messenger bird back and forth with messages!
- something to color with,
- Print out the two templates.
- Color the template pieces.
- Cut out all pieces.
- Tape or glue two wing pieces together, overlapping at designated area.
- Fold bird head, then fold tabs outward.
- Tape ends of bird head tabs to wings, centering.
- Tape or glue bird legs in appropriate spots.
(The messenger bird should have an open space under the head for inserting messages.)
Print friendly version of these instructions