DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a simple cut and paste paper craft good "just for fun",
a bird theme, or a farm theme made from a basic egg shape.
You can turn it into a handprint craft by replacing the wings
with handprints traced onto a piece of paper.
- something to color with if using the B&W version,
- glue, and
- You can use brass tacks ("brads") instead of glue to attach the wings if you want them to be moveable.
- Print out the template of choice.
- Color (where appropriate) and cut out the template
- Glue the hen together in the following order:
- Glue the feet onto the egg shaped body
- Glue the eyes onto the body
- Glue the wattle under the beak
- Glue the beak onto the body
- Glue the comb onto the top of the head
- Glue the wings onto the body.
You can use the template piece or trace a hand onto a piece
of paper and use that as the wing
- See picture on the template for further help
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions