DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Penguin Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Tasha "taught" me all about penguins one day.
Two interesting facts that I was surprised she knew were that they live at the south pole
not the north pole and that they use their wings for swimming not for flying.
- a toilet paper roll,
- a printer,
- something to colour with,
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour the pieces as appropriate and cut them
- Glue the large rectangular piece around the
toilet paper tube.
- Glue on the white "bib".
- Glue on the black wings (on a real penguin they
sort of face straight down when they're just standing around, but Tasha sort of likes to
make him look like he's waving.).
- Fold the beak on the dotted line and glue the
bottom half to the tube.
- Fold the feet and glue the tabs to the inside of
- Glue on the eyes and the bow/bowtie depending on
whether you want a girl or a boy.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions