DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This craft uses a printable template and a paper plate to make a project
suitable for a bird theme, farm theme, Ch digraph theme or just for fun.
- paper plate,
- something to color with (or color printer),
- Optional: You can substitute large wiggly eyes for the template eyes.
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces. Most of the pieces are simple enough shapes for
young children to cut out, but if needed, an adult can help with
some of the harder pieces (the wings and the tail).
- Glue the pieces to the plate to make a chicken:
- Glue the wings onto either side of the plate.
- Glue the feet onto the bottom of the plate on either side of center.
- Glue the head in the middle of the paper plate slightly overlapping
- Glue the red heart, upside down, just below where the beak will go.
- Glue the the beak in the middle of the head, overlapping the point
of the red heart.
- Glue the eyes above the beak.
- Glue the comb at the top of the head.
- Glue the tail at the top of the plate.
Print friendly version of these instructions