DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Paper Plate Panda Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This adorable panda craft uses a printable template and a
paper plate to make a project suitable for a rainforest animals, mammals,
letter P theme, China Crafts or just for fun.
If you cut out holes instead of using the template eyes, you
can convert your panda craft to a panda mask. Attach a paint stir stick or tongue depressor to allow your child to hold it up to their face.
- paper plate,
- something to color with (or color printer),
- Optional: You can substitute large wiggly eyes for the template eyes.
- Optional FOR MASK: Paint Stir Stick
, thin strip of wood or
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces. Most of the pieces are simple enough shapes for
young children to cut out, but if needed, an adult can help with
some of the harder pieces (the ears and the hair).
- Glue the pieces to the plate to make a panda face:
- Glue the ears onto either side of the plate.
- Glue the hair onto the center top of the plate.
- Glue the two black circle below the ears.
- Glue the the nose below the two black circles.
- Glue the mouth just below the nose.
- Glue the eyes on top of the black circles.
- Glue the eyebrows above the eyes on the black circles.
Optional: If making a mask, use masking tape or duct tape to
attach a thin strip of wood, a Tongue Depressor
or a Paint Stir Stick
(often free at paint supply and home repair stores -- no more than $1 --
we get dad to pick one up now and then when he's at home depot admiring
the tools *grin*)
Print friendly version of these instructions