DLTK's Bible Crafts for Kids
Paper Plate Whale
This adorable whale craft uses a printable template and a
paper plate to make a project suitable for an ocean animals, mammals, or
letter W theme or just for fun.
- grey or blue paint and paintbrush (or you can use your imagination and paint your whale any color you wish)
- paper plate,
- something to color with (or color printer)
- Paint the bottom of the paper plate blue or grey (or whatever color you would like to use).
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces. Most of the pieces are simple enough shapes for young children to cut out.
- Using the template piece as a guide, cut off the bottom quarter of the plate.
- Glue the pieces to the plate to make a whale:
- Glue the triangle on the bottom of the plate and the leftover piece of plate to the tip of the triangle to form a tail. You might want to add a piece of thin cardboard to the back
of the tail to make it a bit less floppy.
- Glue the water spout onto the top of the head.
- Glue the eye onto the edge opposite the tail.
- Draw a mouth under the eye (the template has an example of what the mouth might look like).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions