Star Fox Craft -
Shapes, Scissor Skills, and Counting Practice
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This craft can be used to teach a variety of skills. You don't have to use all the thoughts for lessons... just choose the ones you're
working on with your child. There is a second template with a body that you can optionally use.
Thoughts for Lessons:
- This craft has lots of simple shapes to cut out -- good scissor practice!
- You can precut the template into separate pieces (roughly) to make
it a bit easier for beginning crafters to cut out the shapes.
- show the children two stars and ask -- is this one bigger, smaller or the same size as that one.
- Count the circles and the stars.
- Print out the template.
- If using the B&W template, colour the pieces.
- Cut out the template pieces.
- Fold the dotted triangle over and glue it behind the star.
- Glue the head (smaller star) upside down onto the body (larger star).
- Glue the eyes onto the head.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE,
PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions