DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Tyrannosaurus Rex Toilet Paper Roll Craft
This is a simple cut and paste paper craft that's pretty much just your
basic t-rex type dinosaur. It uses a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a three dimensional effect.
- toilet paper roll,
- a printer,
- something to color with,
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Color (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube.
- Glue on the head.
- Glue the legs and arms onto the side of the toilet paper roll.
- Fold the tail in half so it is coloured on both sides and use the tab to
attach it to the back of the toilet paper roll (give it a 3D effect with the
- Fold the scales in half so they are colored on both sides. Attach
them to the back using the tab to give them a 3D effect.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).