DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Yak Toilet Paper Roll Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a fun and simple color, cut and paste craft uses a toilet paper
roll to give it a three dimensional effect. Young children will enjoy making and playing with it.
- a toilet paper roll,
- a printer,
- something to colour with,
- Print out the craft template of choice.
- Colour (if using the black and white version of the craft) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube. Toilet paper rolls come in different sizes, so if you find the
rectangle is a bit too big, just trim it down. If you find it's a bit too small,
just cut out another small piece to fill in the gap.
- Glue on the head onto the top of the toilet paper roll.
- Fold the tail and glue it together (so it's colored on both sides) then
bend the tab and glue it onto the back to give it a three dimensional effect.
- Glue the legs onto the toilet paper roll: We put him together as if he was sitting on his haunches -- they don't
do this of course, but this is the simplest way for young children to
construct the craft. It also gives the animal a "cartoon" feel which the kids seem to like.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions