This is extremely basic origami meant for ages 4 thru 7.
It teaches them a few of the basic folds but lets them create a project in less than 10 steps.
- square piece of brown construction paper (Cut a piece of regular construction paper to make a square. See below.)
- Optional: black marker
- Optional: wiggly eyes and glue
TERMINOLOGY -- MOUNTAIN FOLD:
fold the paper under -- see how it looks like a mountain?
TERMINOLOGY -- VALLEY FOLD:
fold the paper to the front
- to make a square piece of paper, valley fold diagonally and cut off the excess
- valley fold the paper in half diagonally (so you have a triangle)
- valley fold the tip of the triangle down to touch the bottom of the triangle and crease well
- valley fold the left edge up to make an ear. The blue line in the diagram should touch about where the yellow line in the diagram is.
- this is what you end up with
- repeat on the other side for the second ear.
- flip over.
- glue wiggly eyes onto the face
- draw a black nose and eyes onto the face.