DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Canada Day Coaster Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
The templates were originally made for a CD (which is 4.75 inches in diameter), but anything that's round and about the same size works...
Make sure you ask an adult before you start gluing things to CD's!!
- a printer,
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil crayons (if using B&W template),
- CD, margarine container lid or cardboard, and
- clear contact paper
(you can get at office supply stores... It cost us about $5 for a roll that makes about 100 bookmarks or 20 coasters. It is one fairly
inexpensive, purchased craft supply that I do like to have around the house... It can also be used on mobiles, necklaces or paper crafts if
you're giving them as gifts to make them last longer).
- Print out the templates of choice.
- Color (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the maple leaf into the center of the circle.
- Let the glue dry.
- Trace around the CD onto the contact paper and cut out (a bit larger than the CD).
- Cover CD with contact paper... Trim as necessary)
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions