DLTK's Crafts for Kids
I've had requests from a variety of people to turn some of the more popular "Favorite Friends" into holiday characters. Rather than
doing each one separately, I've provided a template of clothes and accessories that you can add to most of the
Favorite Friends or Animal toilet paper roll crafts. So, make
yourself one of about 100 possible Canada Day toilet paper roll critters like Blue's Clues, Pikachu, a mouse, a hippo,... You get the idea!
- a toilet paper roll
- a printer,
- a piece of paper...
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil crayons,
- your favorite Favorite Friend or Animal toilet paper roll craft template.
- Print out the Canada template and Favorite Friend/Animal template of choice.
- Color (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the rectangle from the Favorite Friend/Animal template onto the toilet paper roll.
- Glue the Canada rectangle (hockey jersey) over top.
- Glue on the other Favorite Friend/Animal template pieces.
- You can use the mountie boots or the character's feet depending on which you prefer.
- Glue on the mountie hat.
- Glue the flag into one of the hands.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Canadian Friends Template (color)
Print friendly version of these instructions