DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Canada Day Paper Craft
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is really the same craft as the coaster, but is built for younger kids (I have a 2 yr old and a 6 yr old so always have to make sure I
have a version suited for the youngest).
You can use this paper craft to hang on the wall or fridge, or you can glue it to the front of a home made red construction paper Canada Day greeting card.
- a printer,
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil crayons (if using B&W template),
- Print out the templates of choice.
- Cut the template in 1/2 so the circle is on one page and the leaf on the other.
- Color of paint the leaf.
- Cut out the circle.
- Cut out the leaf. Young children may need help with this.
- Glue the leaf into the center of the circle.
- To make a card, fold a piece of red construction paper in half and glue the maple leaf circle onto the front. Write a message inside.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions