These cake pops are a lot of fun for the whole family to make. Use your imagination to decorate them however you like.
Cake pops would be a lot of fun for a children's birthday party but you
could also decorate them for a special holiday treat at Christmas.
- Chocolate cake recipe or store bought boxed cake.
- 40-60 wooden sticks
- melting chocolate wafers
for the cream cheese icing...
- 4oz. cream cheese
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups icing sugar
and to help prepare and decorate...
- Styrofoam block
- Sprinkles or something to decorate with
- Make a chocolate cake recipe or any cake mix that fits a 9x13 pan.
- After it has cooled cut the cake and put in a bowl. Then crumble it up more with your hands.
- Make the cream cheese icing (or you can buy frosting) and pour over the cake and mix well.
- Form balls and place the wooden sticks in the end. Place on a cookie sheet and freeze for at least 2-3 hours. (It will be easier to ice them if they're frozen).
- Melt chocolate or make icing and dip the cake pops to cover.
- Allow the cake pops to "dry" standing up if possible. I realized just as I was melting the chocolate that I didn't have any styrofoam to place them in so I used a egg carton which worked pretty well. By the time it was full of cake pops they were dry and I could replace them with new ones.
- Sprinkle or ice as you please.
- Refrigerate or freeze until you're ready to serve.