DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Contributed by Leanne Guenther
This is a fun and simple color, cut and paste paper craft
that uses a toilet paper roll as a base to give it a three dimensional effect.
Madeline is SO funny (or so says my daughter). I watched one of the
movies and didn't quite get the humour, but it was fun listening to Tasha giggle.
- a toilet paper tube
- a printer,
- a piece of paper
- some crayons
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces.
- Glue the large rectangular piece on first to cover the tube.
- Glue on the head, arms, and legs.
- We glued the legs onto the tp roll so she looked like she was sitting. Then we bent them at the knees so they hung over the edge of the mantle.
- If I did the craft again, I would trim the tp roll a little shorter (I'd take off about an inch and a half) to make her a bit more proportional (ours has an awfully tall body!)
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions