[Bumblebees] [Butterflies] [Caterpillars] [Dragonflies] [Ladybugs] [Spiders] [Other]
DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Egg Carton Spider
This is another faithful old craft idea that I've done with my daughters and, way back when, as a child myself. Accompany it with a rousing
song of "The Itsy Bitsy Spider".
- cardboard egg carton - you will need one cup from a carton
- black paint (or another color if you want to make a creative spider)
- paint brush
- 4 pipe cleaners (chenille) -- to make the legs
- sharp pencil
- wiggly eyes (we used 4)
- Cut one cup from a cardboard egg carton
- Use a sharp pencil to poke a hole in the left side and in the right side of the cup (two holes). We will use these holes to thread
the legs through later on.
- An adult should help young children with these first two steps. If working with a large group of young children, you can prep to this
point before craft time.
- Paint the cup black.
- Let dry.
- Thread the four pipecleaners through the holes to make eight legs.
- Bend the pipecleaners to make them look like legs. You can trim them a bit if you like.
- Glue on the eyes. I like a spider with more than two eyes, but it's up to you!