DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Pin the Pineapple on the Pig
This is a variation of pin the tail on the donkey.
You can either use this 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper
version OR print it out and take it to your nearest photocopy store. It costs $3 Cdn
for the first copy and $2 for subsequent copies to get an 11 x 17 inch colour blow up made
(at least where I live)... B&W copies are about 1/2 that.
- a printer,
- glue, and
- something to colour with.
- Print out the template of choice (print as many apple templates as you need... there are six per page).
- Colour pieces, as necessary.
- Cut out the pieces.
How to Play:
- Hang the pig on a wall in a nice open area.
(be aware of the HEIGHT of your party goers... I'm 6 ft tall, my kids aren't ... you don't
want them to have to jump to reach the pig *grin*).
- Give each child an apple with some stick'um or a
masking tape roll on the back (I don't like using real pins).
- Stand 10 big steps back (closer for smaller
- Blindfold the children one at a time, spin them
around and point them in the direction of the pig.
- The closest to getting the apple to fit nicely
over the mouth wins!
- You can also have prizes for 2nd and 3rd place,
the quickest, the slowest, the furthest away, and the funniest placement... if you come up
with enough prizes, everyone can be a winner!
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions/a>