DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Jester Shapes Craft
This is a fun and easy cut and paste paper craft that uses different shapes to make a Mardi Gras Jester.
- toilet paper tube,
- a printer,
- a piece of paper,
- something to color with,
Thoughts for Lessons:
- This craft has lots of simple shapes to cut out -- good scissor practice!
- You can precut the template into separate pieces (roughly) to make it a bit easier for beginning crafters to cut out the shapes.
- show the children two circles and ask -- is this one bigger, smaller or the same size as that one. Have them sort all the circles by size.
- Count the circles and the triangles.
- Print out the template -- there is a small picture of the finished craft on the template that will help with the assembly.
- If using the B&W template, colour the pieces.
- Cut out the template pieces.
Glue the small circle eyes and circle nose onto the large circle head.
- Glue the right angle triangles onto either side of the rectangle so the right angles of the triangles line up with the right angles of the rectangle.
Glue the last triangle into the center of the Jester hat.
- Glue the smallest circles onto the top points of the Jester hat.
- Glue the jester hat onto the head.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions.