DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Milk Carton House Craft
© by Leanne Guenther
This craft works well for a "my family", "my
neighbourhood" or Little Red Ridinghood (Grandma's house) theme.
NOTE: In the directions, a 2 litre milk carton
(Canadian) is the same as a 1/2 gallon milk carton (American)
- 2 L milk carton (clean)
- paper (construction paper or white paper)
- Optional: paint, markers, crayons, pencil crayons
- Optional: stickers
- Cut the top off the milk carton so your house is the desired size (we made ours about square).
- Cover the milk carton with paper -- tape it on. For preschoolers, an adult can pre-do this for them.
- Paint or color the house.
- Cut a door into the front of the house.
- draw on windows, flowers, etc or use stickers.
- Optional: cut a square piece of paper and fold it in half. Drape it over the top as a roof (we didn't do this).
- Optional: Glue or tape the house to a piece of green construction
paper. The children can decorate the paper with pinecone trees, cotton
balls dipped in thin green paint for bushes, and a little path
Print friendly version of these instructions