DLTK's Crafts for Kids
The best part of this idea is that it is easy to transport the art home
when it is all done. Just close the CD case and the art is protected
for the trip home!
- Empty CD case
- A variety of colors of plasticene
- Optional: shaping tools like toothpicks stir sticks or popsicle
- You may want to sketch a plan on paper before you begin.
- Take the cover off the CD case (so it stays clean)
- Begin with a thin layer of plasticene for a base.
- Use a variety of colors for to complete the rest of your picture.
- Be careful not to make the plasticene too thick or the CD cover will not
close when you are done.
- When you are done, attach the cover again and close the case up
* Alternatively, you could use the inside of the lid from a plastic container
like a margarine lid.