Print these worksheets to give toddlers, preschoolers and kindergarten students practice with scissors.
Before starting the project, show the children how to hold scissors and talk to them about using scissors safely:
- Pay attention when using scissors. Stop using the scissors if you want to look up.
- Cut in a direction away from your body and fingers, hands, arms, and legs.
- Never run, climb, fight or horse around when holding scissors.
Although it's difficult to hurt yourself with children's safety scissors, preschoolers should practice safe scissor habits from the very first time they get the privilege of using them!
- Optional: crayons
- Print the scissor skills template of choice.
- Have an adult rip with a ruler or cut the page along the outside dotted line.
- Color (if using the black and white worksheet).
- Carefully cut along the lines.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
STRAIGHT LINE SCISSOR PRACTICE:
CURVED LINE SCISSOR PRACTICE
More scissor skills practice projects:
- Canada Day
- Earth Day
- Father's Day
- Fourth of July
- Mardi Gras
- Mother's Day
- Palm Sunday
- Remembrance Day
- Saint Patrick's Day
- Valentine's Day
- Veteran's Day