Materials you will need for this Y2K candle craft are a toilet paper roll, a printer, paper , scissors, glue, and something to color with. Optional materials are stickers, a small paper plate, doily or felt and sparkles or sparkle glue.
This candle is "just pretend"... you cannot really light it!
- Print out the template of choice. If using a black and white printer, try printing on construction paper.
- Color craft pieces if you printed the black and white version of the template.
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance.
- Glue the large rectangle onto the toilet paper roll. If you don't like the proportions of the candle (i.e. think it's too tall), you can cut the toilet paper roll down a bit. We often make three candles, all different heights, and group them together in the center of the table.
- Glue on the candle decorations. You can add further swirls and designs with stickers, sparkles or sparkle glue.
- Glue the flame onto the toilet paper roll (at the top).
- Optional: To finish you can decorate a doily, circle of felt or paper plate with left over template pieces, stickers, sparkles or sparkle glue. Arrange your candle/candles on the doily, felt or paper plate.
- Display in a place of honour
(fireplace mantle or dining room table come to mind).
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).