DLTK's Crafts for Kids
This is a simple mobile made up of printed Snoopy's. If you don't feel like making a mobile, you can print one of the template
pieces, poke a hole in the top and thread a string through to make a necklace or nametag.
You can cover with clear contact paper (optional) to make it waterproof and a bit
We usually create our mobiles by using two straws
or sticks taped or tied in a criss-cross or by using one paper towel or gift wrap roll
with all the pieces tied to it (this isn't as 3D a mobile, but is good for
recycling). See the summer mobile
to see what the paper towel roll mobile looks like.
- a printer,
- some crayons, paint, markers or pencil
- straws, sticks or paper towel roll, and
- string and yarn.
- Print out the template of choice. You can
print out as many as you want to fill up your mobile.
- Colour (where appropriate) and cut out the template pieces along the dotted lines.
- Fold the template pieces in half and glue the
back and front together. Let dry.
- Poke a small hole in the top of each piece and tie with yarn or
string to the mobile you've chosen (straws, sticks or paper towel roll).
- If you use criss-crossed straws or sticks, you can put a round
piece of cardboard (old cereal boxes) or a small paper plate on the top to make it easier
to balance the pieces.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions