This beautiful glossy clear slime is a fun craft recipe for those who love to feel things and play with their hands, for those who love ASMR videos, or even want a distraction from stress. Clear slime is a great recipe for adding drastic textures to slime like foam beads, clay pieces, fishbowl beads, and so on. Clear glue-based floams, like this one, are great recipes because clear slime is generally stickier and holds foam beads better than white glue-based slimes.
- mixing bowl
- spoon and/or spatula
- clear glue (100 ml)
- warm water (25-50 ml)
- baby oil (optional; 1-2 dashes)
- food colouring (optional; 1-4 drops)
- borax mix (1-2 tsp.; mix 1 tbsp. of borax into 1 cup of boiling water and stir until clear)
- pour clear glue into mixing bowl and then slowly add water, mixing well with spoon or spatula;
- add baby oil and food colouring, and mix thoroughly (optional since you can add these things later on if you want to);
- add borax mixture; however, do not add too much since it will make your slime hard instead of stretchy;
- mix slime with spoon or spatula until it starts to stick to itself, becoming gooey;
- remove spoon or spatula and place on a plate or paper towel; knead all the stringy parts out of the slime with your hands for 2-5 minutes in the mixing bowl;
- transfer your slime onto a hard, clean surface or into a sealable container;
- in a small mixing bowl, add foam beads (or styrofoam pieces; see how to do so here);
- add your clear slime to the foam beads and mix thoroughly;
- finally, play with your new floam!
- at each step, always mix thoroughly (especially before adding borax mixture)
- only add more borax mixture if absolutely necessary (1-2 tsps. per time)
- wash your hands well before playing with your clear slime, so you don't get it dirty!
- the longer you leave your clear slime, the clearer it will become.