- You will need a picture of your child's face. If you do not have this,
you can substitute a face cut out of a magazine or newspaper and use this as
- a paper or styrofoam cup,
- a plastic bag (like a bread bag or grocery bag),
- some string or wool (3 or 4 pieces),
- aluminum foil
- Optional: stickers to decorate with
- scissors and
- Cut out the face so it fits on the paper cup. (The paper cup will be
standing upside down).
- Wrap the cup in Aluminum foil. An adult may need to help attach it with tape
- Decorate the cup with stickers as desired.
- Glue the face onto the side of the upside down cup. You can draw a
little window around the face if desired.
- Poke a hole in the top of the cup and thread 4 pieces of string through.
Tie a knot inside the cup so the string will not fall out.
- Cut a "parachute" out of the plastic bag (a square piece of plastic) and
attach one of your strings to each corner of the bag.
- Let your child play with it or hang it from the ceiling.
Print friendly version of these instructions