This is good scissor skills practice for kindergarten children. Don't worry if the shapes aren't cut out perfectly.
- something to color with,
- a paper plate
- Optional: grey paint and paint brush
- Cut the center out of the paper plate to leave a round "donut" shape. This will form the base of the wreath. (This may require adult assistance).
- Optional: Paint the donut shape grey. Then you don't have to worry about covering the plate completely if you prefer not to.
- Print out the template pieces - you may wish to print 2 or 3 copies of the template depending on how full you want your wreath to be -- we used two templates for the one in the photo.
- Color the template pieces (if using the B&W version) -- or you can print the B&W version on colored paper
- Cut out the template pieces. This will take quite awhile -- you can provide assistance if you like (depending on the patience of your child).
- Glue your paper shapes to completely cover your paper plate "donut"
- You can put a piece of yarn on the back to hang it.
- You can do these as a group with younger children -- let each child cut out and color one or two template pieces possibly print their initials on it, and glue it on the group wreath.
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).