DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Small Engine No. 6 Craft
© by Leanne Guenther
Percy is one of Thomas the Tank Engine's friends.
- something to colour with
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour pieces, as necessary
- #1 is green,
- #2 and #3 are gold on the outside, black in the center,
- #4 is black,
- #5 is mainly red with some grey on the top and green half circles at the bottom, with black decorations,
- #6 and #7 are green with black decorations,
- #8 is black with grey wheels
- #9 is grey
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance and
can be done prior to craft time (if you're colouring the cut out pieces, put a roll of
masking tape on the back and tape lightly to newspaper or scrap paper).
- Glue the pieces together (see the picture above for how the finished
product should look). It's a good idea to pre-do one before doing these crafts with
a bunch of young kids, so they can see what it looks like finished.
- Glue #2 and #3 so the curves are fitted around the central oval
- Glue #4 onto #1 so it juts over the roof
- Glue #5 so the bottom straight edge is flush with the bottom
straight edge of #1
- Glue #6 and #7 onto #5 at each of the left and right edges.
- Glue #8 under #5
- Glue #9 on front of the whole thing
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions