DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Thomas the Tank Engine Paper Craft
I have to apologize to all of you who have been
waiting/requesting Thomas for the last few months. In my defense, I now have over
600 requests on my to do list. My husband keeps teasing me that I need a staff
Anyways, since the movie is out now, I thought I'd
better get poor Thomas done... I hope everyone enjoys him. You can also find a Thomas the Tank Engine coloring page on the site.
- something to colour with
- Print out the template of choice.
- Colour pieces, as necessary
- #1 is red on the bottom and grey on top,
- #2 is blue,
- #3 and #4 are black,
- #5 and #6 are black on the inside and yellow on the rim and
- #7 is grey.
- Cut out the pieces. This step may require adult assistance and
can be done prior to craft time (if you're colouring the cut out pieces, put a roll of
masking tape on the back and tape lightly to newspaper or scrap paper).
- Glue the pieces together (see the picture above for how the finished
product should look). It's a good idea to pre-do one before doing these crafts with
a bunch of young kids, so they can see what it looks like finished.
- Glue #2 (the "body") on top of #1 (the base/wheels)
- Glue #3 on top of #2
- Glue #4 under #2
- Glue #5 and #6 on either side of #3
- Glue #7 ("head") on top of the whole thing
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Print friendly version of these instructions