DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Fantasy Cross Stitch Pattern
Princess and Unicorn
One easy and two more complex cross stitch pattern for children
to make. The simplest one is the Princess Power pattern.
The unicorn pattern is of moderate difficulty and the fairy pattern
is the toughest.
To learn more about cross stitching, check out our
Cross Stitch" directions.
When I do these projects with the girls, I encourage them fill
in the white backgrounds with white cross stitch instead of leaving it unstitched. The long rows of single colored stitches are
terrific practice. But it's completely up to you! It does make the project take a lot longer.
- Print out the template of choice.
- fold cloth in half and then in half again to find the center.
- Place hoop around cloth. Start as close to center as you can.
- cut about 18 inch pieces of floss and divide in half (so you have
3 strands of floss to work with).
- Start cross stitching! To learn more about cross stitching, check out our "How to Cross
- Close the template window after printing to return to this screen.
- Set page margins to zero if you have trouble fitting the template on one page (FILE, PAGE SETUP or FILE, PRINTER SETUP in most browsers).
Fairy Cross Stitch Template
Princess Cross Stitch Template
Unicorn Cross Stitch Template
Print friendly version of these instructions