Construction Worker Snacks
Contributed by a JoAnna. Thanks for sending this in!
I finally mastered a construction worker treat and wanted to share it with you.
I WISH I had a digital camera so I could send a picture:(
- I made Rice Krispie treats (following the directions on the cereal box) and pressed them in my largest cookie sheet to cool. This made them very
thin and easier to cut.
- Next I used my largest round cookie cutter (about 5") to trace a circle on a piece of cardboard. I added small half-circles
on each side for ears and then cut out my template.
- I placed the template on the Rice Krispie treats and cut the EARS OUT FIRST (much easier that
way) then the rest of the head.
- Depending on the size of your template and cookie sheet, you will get 6-8
- Next I mixed yellow food coloring (lots of it) with vanilla icing. I put this on the top half of
the head (starting just above the ears).
- Then I used black icing (the kind that you can write with) to outline the hard hat. To get an idea of where
to put these lines I looked at your handyman
TP roll template.
- Finally I added eyes a nose and a smile just like your template.
He turned outsoooo cute!!! Please share this with others (& enjoy it yourself).
I'm sure there are lots of moms out there who will love this.
Printable Version of this Recipe