DLTK's Crafts for Kids
My oldest daughter has sensitive skin and cannot use most store bought bubble
baths. When she's in the mood for bubbles, we use our own home made
version (we don't put any scent in it). You can try different shampoos
until you get the one with the perfect amount of foaminess for you!
You can make double or triple the batches and give as gifts.
- 1 cup shampoo (I like to use generic tear free baby shampoo)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- food color (optional)
- squeeze bottles or jars (dish detergent bottles or shampoo bottles are my
- Optional: 1/2 tsp glycerin (purchase at the drug store).
- Optional: essential oil (scented oils like vanilla or citrus)
-- available at most craft stores (I also use them for candle making)
- Optional: a few drops of strong perfume (erm, this is a good use for
some of the perfumes you might get for mother's day that you don't really
wear much *grin*).
- Pour shampoo and water into your bottle.
- Add a couple drops of food color
- Optional: add glycerin and essential oil or perfume.
- Shake well to mix
- It will get foamy when you shake it, but will settle down and look like
- Squeeze a good amount into the tub as you are running the water.