[Apple Crafts] [Graduation] [DLTK-Teach] [KidZone] [Teacher Appreciation Week]
DLTK's Crafts for Kids
Back to School Apple Pin, Necklace or Magnet
This cute little apple was made by my 7 year old daughter. It's
about 2 inches tall and 1 1/2 inches wide.
- printer and paper
- styrofoam meat trays or
- cardboard (old cereal boxes or backings from paper pads work well) or
- red fun foam
- colors red, green, brown, black and cream of EITHER:
- acrylic paint
- poster paint
- a hole punch and string (to make a necklace)
- magnet backings, or
- pin backings
- if the backings don't come with a sticky side, you can use two sided
tape or a hot glue gun to attach them. The ones I buy always have
a sticky side.
- Print template.
- Trace the template onto the cardboard or styrofoam.
- Cut out the apple.
- NOTE: If using styrofoam and something other than acrylic paint
you'll need to either glue paper onto the styrofoam to cover it up OR
pre-paint the styrofoam with white acrylic paint (this is because poster
paint or marker will flake off or rub off the styrofoam).
- NOTE: I'll be saying "paint" throughout the directions...
if you're using markers, just remember that you can't cover the red with the
other colors, so you should color the red part last instead of first.
- Paint the entire apple red and let dry.
- Using a cotton ball or stubby round paint brush spounce (dab, dab, dab)
the cream colored paint over top of the red paint. It doesn't have to
- Paint the top brown and add a green leaf
- Use a cotton swab or paint brush to dip into the black paint and dot on
the two eyes and nose "seeds".
- Use a black marker to draw on the mouth and eyebrows and write the child's
name (if desired).
- Add the magnet or pin to the back.
- Close template window when done printing to return to this screen