Jeans Bottom Purse
Tasha (Age 7) loved her purse made from the bottom of her old
jeans. It's a very 70's look (which seems to be in at school right
We cut off her jeans to make shorts and made this matching purse out
of one of the bottoms. Bellbottom type jeans work best.
- one bottom of a pair of jeans
- needle and thread
- old necklace (optional)
- wool or ribbon
- Cut the bottom off a pair of jeans (bellbottoms work best).
- Turn inside out
- Sew the unfinished edge together
- Sew a loop of wool or ribbon on each side of the jeans.
- OPTIONAL: Attach an old necklace to the loops of wool or ribbon to
form a strap for the purse
- Use wool or ribbon as the strap. If you want to make the strap
fancier, you can braid it -- adding beads every inch or two.
Print friendly version of these instructions